Applying for a mortgage is a lengthy and demanding process.
Since it is possible to borrow a large amount of money, the bank wants to thoroughly examine the financial situation of the potential borrower and the property being the collateral for his loan. Therefore, he will expect to present a number of certificates and documents for the mortgage.
What affects the type of documents required for a mortgage?
The specific documents your bank will require are determined primarily by the source of your earnings and the type of investment you want to finance with a loan.
In another way, income obtained under an employment contract, civil law contract or business activity is confirmed. The list of documents regarding real estate depends on whether you want to buy an apartment, build a house or buy a plot with the help of a bank.
What does the completion of documents for a mortgage look like?
Collecting all necessary mortgage documents can take about a week. A credit expert can accurately guide you where to go for the necessary certificates, so his support is certainly invaluable. Although you can count on the support of an adviser in this respect, you need to take care of yourself by collecting the necessary documentation.
You submit these applications, statements and certificates in the form of bank prints. However, everything you don’t get to fill out from an adviser can be a copy. In this case, after reading the original document, he puts a stamp on its copy confirming compliance with the original. Such documentation is sufficient for the bank.
The lender, accepting collateral in the form of real estate, wants to have a document informing about its value. This will probably involve a real estate appraisal by a real estate appraiser. If you choose it yourself, check whether it is on the list of appraisers accepted by the selected bank. Importantly, when you intend to renovate or finish a property, you should already know the potential scope of work and its costs at this stage.
Mortgage documents confirming the source of income
An indefinite and timely employment contract
- Employment and income certificate prepared on a bank print.
- Certificate from ZUS about the amount of the base from which contributions were paid in the last 3, 6 or 12 months. If you are paid in cash, you will need RMUA printing for the same period.
- Full bank statement for which you receive remuneration. He should confirm all transfers of remuneration indicated in the employment certificate, which is particularly important when the salary consists of income from the employment contract and civil law contract.
- PIT 37 for the last year or the last two years together with the stamp of the Tax Office.
- Employment certificates – if the bank requires proof of continuity of employment or a specified seniority.
- Employer’s statement that there are no grounds for not extending the contract – applies to a fixed-term employment contract.
- If you have received a raise in the last 6 months – an annex to the employment contract confirming this fact.
Civil law contract or contract for the provision of services
- Employment and income certificate or declaration of the amount of costs disclosed in a civil law contract drawn up on a bank print.
- Agreements concluded with entities commissioning the performance of a work or order.
- Bills for signed civil law contracts.
- Full bank account history statement, which received remuneration for the performance of contracts.
- PIT37 for the past year or last two years together with confirmation of acceptance by the Tax Office.
An indefinite pension for partial or total incapacity for work, a structural pension or a survivor’s pension
- Decision on granting the disability pension and its last adjustment.
- Current pension or bank statement statement affected by the benefit.
! Remember that a temporary pension is not an acceptable source of income for banks.
Retirement or pre-retirement allowance
- Decision to grant a retirement or pre-retirement benefit and its last adjustment.
- Current retirement pension or bank statement on which the benefit affects.